Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that helps you optimize your website’s content and improve your site’s ranking on search engines.
The Yoast SEO plugin is one of the most popular SEO plugins available today. It provides a wide range of features to help you create an awesome website.
It provides features like:
- On-page analysis of content and metadata
- Keyword research and suggestions
- Content insights and tips
- Internal linking suggestions
- Social media sharing options
Yoast SEO works automatically, but it still requires your input and some planning.
When you install the Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress site, it will appear on all your pages and posts. The plugin examines the page’s content and suggests ways to improve it.
Yoast SEO assigns you a score, informs you of any issues, and advises you on how to improve your content for SEO.
Here are the key features and benefits of Yoast SEO you must know about:
- The Focus Keyphrase – This is the keyword or keyphrase you’d like a particular page on your website to rank for. You should conduct keyword research to discover your focus keyword or keywords. Choosing more specific keywords can better your chances of showing up higher in the search engine results. These are called niche keyphrases, like “online volunteer opportunity”.
- Google Preview – This section shows how your website would appear in search results. You can Configure the SEO title and meta description here.
- Readability – Yoast SEO ensures that your page reads well by pointing out the problems on your page, opportunities for improvement, and provides links for how to address those issues.
- Social Media – This Yoast SEO (Premium) feature allows you to write a title, description and upload an image, specifically for social media.
The majority of Yoast SEO’s settings are “set it and forget it.” Once you’ve configured everything, the only area you’ll use daily is the Yoast SEO meta box.
You can create high-quality content with Yoast SEO’s sophisticated analyses.
Yoast SEO’s state-of-the-art readability analysis works in real-time. It also checks your paragraph distribution, calculates your reading ease score, alerts you if your sentences are too long, and ensures that you naturally use your keyphrase enough times.
All these factors help create engaging content that readers will enjoy.
It directs traffic and search engines to your pages.
Internal links allow search engines to find your pages, group related topics and highlight the most important information. Yoast SEO Premium offers an internal linking tool making it easy to add relevant links to your posts.
Yoast SEO also comes with an XML sitemap that guides search engines to your most important pages.
It has tools that can help your content stand out in SERPs
Yoast SEO contains a Google preview editor that gives you a preview of what your snippets look like in the search results. With this tool, you can add your preferred SEO title, meta description, and URL slug. To help you determine whether your snippet is on the right track, the plugin will also analyze that data and provide you with feedback.
Additionally, the plugin adds structured data automatically to your pages, which improves their readability for search engines and qualifies them for rich results.
It helps you solve 404 errors
Yoast SEO Premium has a redirect manager that helps you remove 404 “Page not found” errors on your site.
Using Yoast SEO regularly is great training if you are new to SEO best practices. You’ll find yourself writing and posting content with optimization in mind.
The secret to landing the top spot in search results is to use this plugin in conjunction with a keyword strategy and content strategy.
- Conduct keyword research and decide which focus keywords or keyphrase you want your page to rank for.
- Optimize your SEO title by incorporating your focus keywords and using action words and keep it between 50-60 characters
- Optimize your Meta description. A great tip is to write up to 150 characters to make sure it provides enough description about your content.
- Use the Redirects feature to Avoid 404 Errors
- Avoid creating multiple pages with identical content. However, if you need to create identical content, consider adding a canonical URL. Yoast SEO makes this an easy process
- Manage your Archive Pages. it’s best to disable date-based archives.